Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving...

What a beautiful weekend we had! I spent Thanksgiving weekend at my cottage with my family, on Little Lake, in Cramahe Ontario. It was wonderful to sit down, relax, forget about school and enjoy the lovely weather with family and friends.

Now...what am I thankful for? Well, I'm thankful for being blessed with the gift of opportunity.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to be raised in this beautiful country, I'm thankful for the opportunity to make friends, I'm thankful for the opportunity to have an education and so many other things that we take for granted on a daily basis.

And of course I am thankful for thread, fabric and needles! Can you imagine a world without quilts?

I keep my queen-sized quilting frame and machine at my cottage. I purchased it at the end of the summer and when school started I did not have the opportunity to try it. So, I took down a baby panel and practiced on that. I am now thankful for the opportunity to do so.

Now that I am back home I must return to reality and do some school work...Which is painful, as I just received the latest edition of Quiltmaker magazine in the mail and there are some fabulous quilts that I am dying to create. I'll pray for the opportunity of time, there seems to be so little of it these days!

--"Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back, by becoming something more."

Happy Thanksgiving to all, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment