Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Break




All of the gifts that I sewed as gifts this year were a success, as usual! LOL

My Mom's Birthday is on December 24th, and I made her a set of stain glass style place mats.



I wanted to post the photo earlier but she reads my blog so I couldn't let her see!
I selected six Christmas prints (which yield a set of 6), I cut my piping 1" and made 4 cuts. Stain glass is an awesome technique and can be used to make stockings, tree skirts, table runners or even full sized quilts.

Since I am spending a few days of my Christmas break at the cottage I was able to continue quilting my baby panel. I purchased my 1600P Janome machine and the frame at the end of the summer, and decided to set it up at my cottage as I did not have a big enough area in my home to use it. The only problem with it is that I do not get to come here often during the school year. I began quilting it over Thanksgiving weekend and just completed it today (my second day working on it).






No comments:

Post a Comment