Monday, July 9, 2012

After A Quilt Show

This past weekend I was featured as the guest artist for the Prince Edward County Quilter`s Guild 2012 Quilt Show, held at the Essroc Arena in Wellington ON.




It was a fantastic show with approximately 800 guests per day!
I re-connected with some familiar quilters and spent lots of time speaking about my work to the various people viewing the exhibits.

While at the show I purchased a `Scallops, Vines and Waves`ruler by Quilt in a Day. I can`t wait to try it out!

I also observed a new basket-weave quilt technique, I`ll post pictures when I put that technique to use.

After a quilt show, whether I am a featured artist, demonstrator or even just a viewer amongst hundreds of others, I always leave a quilt show on what I like to call a quilting-high.
I think it is caused by spending a long period of time, basking in the works of other quilters, and speaking to people who share in my passion for quilting and other forms of fiber-arts. The amount of inspiration and support you receive from participating or attending a quilt show is phenomenal.

I recommend travelling to different towns to attend shows hosted by various guilds. You will be so surprised at how different each one is. The more quilt shows you attend, the more diverse amount of quilting knowledge you will obtain, by watching and learning different tips and techniques.

The Canadian Quilter`s Association has a calendar of events on their website, I encourage you to check it out and attend an upcoming event!
http://www.canadianquilter.com/events-calendar.php

Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment