Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Center-Piece

Hello Everyone!
I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas!

This is a center-piece that I created using my Dresden Plate ruler, and gave it to my Mom for her Birthday, which just so happens to fall on Christmas Eve.


I previously did a tutorial on making a Thanksgiving wall hanging and I used the Dresden Plate ruler to create the feathers of the turkey.

I just wanted to find more uses for my Dresden Plate ruler, other than of course making Dresden Plate quilt blocks.

I used 8" blades to create a circle, then I hand appliqued the circle in the center, quilted and then bound it. Note you must use bias-binding to bind curves or circles, you can't use straight pieces, or they will not bend into shape properly.

Our kitchen table and some of our end tables are round, so I like making circular things to use as mats or center-pieces to decorate with, rather than square table cloths.

This is definitely a great way to use up Christmas scraps, and can even be adapted to make a miniature tree skirt.

Happy Quilting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment