Thursday, December 18, 2014

Stippling Video & What I've Been Making...

Hi Everyone!

Christmas is quickly approaching and I've been hard at work making Christmas gifts of my own, as well as filling orders and helping my students finish off their special projects! We have just one day of sewing classes left before Christmas (this Saturday December 20th) and then we will break until the new year! :)

While I was working on a personal project last night I thought I would share a little snippet in a video. I was making some decorative pillows (photos below) and while I was stippling the fabric, I thought it might be a good idea to share a couple tips with you. To view the video, follow the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ik3IrlVQwo

Here are photos of the completed items:



Here is a close-up photo of the quilting that I was doing during the video (link posted above). I'm so thrilled about how they turned out. They are going to be a Christmas gift (hopefully the recipient doesn't see this post! haha) but I may make another set for myself, as I am a huge Charlie Brown fan :)



I also made some adorable Santa Christmas cupcakes last night...it was so much fun :)






I've also been using up some leftover vintage-inspired Christmas prints, along with a white tone-on-tone fabric, to create these Scottie-dog quilt blocks. How adorable are these? I'm going to use them to make a lap-size Christmas quilt. I drew the pattern myself, and one of the units is paper pieced, which I also drew free-hand. When I have the quilt top done I will likely post a video tutorial about it. 

Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to finish this sample earlier in the fall, before Christmas, so this is going to be one of my upcoming samples for my classes in the new year. My students love Christmas fabric all year long anyways :)





Wishing everyone good luck as you finish off your Christmas gifts!

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment